Meet Edgar Tipton
Ed is a former President & Executive Director for Community Action of Greater Indianapolis, Inc.
Edgar is a experienced finance and management consultant and advisor that has an array of expertise in consulting to state and local government agencies and small to medium size businesses in the Midwest.
Tipton maintains strategic alliances with CPA firms, financial institutions, and other technical firms to solve problems and enhance the development of businesses in Indiana and surrounding states throughout the Midwestern United States.
Ed has worked on various commercial finance projects, developments and co-ops throughout Illinois, Indiana and Greater Indianapolis, Indiana. These projects have been valued well over $100 Million Dollars.
Mr. Tipton has experience with capital structure for tax-credits and additional large and small commercial finance necessary for business and non-profit companies.
Mr. Tipton has well over seventeen years experience in the following:
Community Involvement & Influence
- Indianapolis Black Chamber of Commerce-board member.
- Fall Creek YMCA, Indianapolis -Board Chair; Task Force member.
- Rehab Resource, Indianapolis-Board Treasurer.
- Weed and Seed Housing and Economic Development Committee, Indianapolis-Committee – Chair
- Indianapolis Community Development Block Grant Task Force,
- American Institute of Banking (AIB), Indianapolis
- Urban Bankers-President,
- Big Brothers of Greater Indianapolis,
- Boys & Girls Clubs, Board President Wheeler Unit;
- Meadows Fall Creek CDC, Indianapolis-Board Treasurer.
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center-Vice Chair, Treas.
- MBA, (Finance and Accounting) University of Indianapolis; Indianapolis, IN
- B.A. degree, DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
- Certificate: Senior Development Managers: Project Development Training
- Certificate: Low Income Housing Tax Credit Development and Sustaining
- Certificate: Property Management
Mr. Edgar Tipton has well over 17 years of experience and expertise in the following;
- Commercial Lending
- Mortgage Lending
- Consumer Lending
- Money Management